Free listing of horse-related events in Today’s Horse Magazine.
Please provide date, time, location, event name, and contact info.
Deadline is the 10th of the month.
Submit information by:
Faxing: 866-591-8732 or
Mailing: Today’s Horse Magazine, PO Box 784, Rapid City, SD 57709
August 15&16 Bismarck, ND Hetletved QH 18th Annual Production Sale. Saturday and Sunday at the LH Equine Center 4456 149th Ave. NW Bismarck, ND. Genel and Jan Hetletved 701-392-8351 email@example.com HQHRanch.com
September 5th Faith, SD Lopez-Meyer & Lauing Production Horse Sale. Sale to be broadcasted live over the internet. Contact 605-347-6193,
605-280-0698, 605-280-0398. www. lauingmillironlranch.net, firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 5th Fort Collins, CO 18th Annual Production Sale 2015 KeSa Production Sale. CSU Equine Center, Adams Atkinson Arena. Contact Sam Shoultz 970- 215-9433 visit www.kesaquar terhorses.com
September 6th Valentine, NE 63rd Annual Krogman Quarter Horse Sale. September 6th at 1:00 CT Valentine Livestock Valentine, NE. 70 weanlings, 20 yearlings, 5 broke horses, 5 broodmares. To request a catalog call Steve or Leigh Krogman 605-259-3486/605-259-3667 or email email@example.com or visit www.kquar terhorse.com
September 6th Great Falls, MT 18th Annual AQHA Horse Sale. Montana Breeders Group. Weanlings, Yearlings, 2/3 year old prospects, aged broke horses
September 8th Cannon Falls, MN All Breed Horse, Tack & Hay Sale – Cannon Falls, MN. 507-263-4200
September 12th Rapid City, SD Open Box Rafter Ranch 22nd Annual Production Sale. Weanlings, Yearlings, Broodmares, Performance/Stallion
Prospects and Geldings. Featuring Sugasbars, Leo and Flit bar Genetics. Contact Jim & Joni Hunt 605-538-4450 * www.RafterRanch.com
September 12th Lometa, TX Wagon Wheel Ranch Horse Production Sale. Sale at 12 Noon, Demonstrations at 8 am. Highest percentage blood of
legendary sires. Blue Valentine, Driftwood, Gooseberry, Joe Hancock, King P-234, Mr San Peoppy, Rowdy Blue Man, Royal King. For more info contact Rusty 512-734-0234 or firstname.lastname@example.org visit www.wagonwheelranch.com
September 9th Melstone, MT Rafter J Ranch Bred Cow Horse Sale. Broodmares, Ranch Stallions, Colts Sired by Blackburn Champ & Lenata Doc. Colts sired by cutting horse stallionsRistos Kings Knigh CGOS Pepto Quixote PG Rhyth N. Blues Cats Hightlight. Approx Head Production.
September at 19 at 1pm. 459 Kincheloe Rd. Melstone, MT. For info contact Jackie 406-358-2400 / Willy 406-939-0645
September 5th Faith, SD 40th Annual Lopez, Meyer & Lauing Quarter Horse Production Sale, Saturday September 5, 2015 Faith Livestock, Faith
South Dakota. Catalogue available online www.lauingmillironlranch.com. Contact Denny & Doris Lauing 605-347-6193 or Karen & Bob Meyer 605-466-2456
September 11th Mobridge, SD Dakota Breeders Classic 16th Annual Quarter Horse Production Sale, Friday, September 11th, 6:00 pm CDT, Mobridge
Livestock Market, Mobridge, SD. For more info: 605-845-2312, email@example.com, www.fivearrow.com, facebook@ fivearrow quarter horses
September 26th Cannon Falls, MN Twin Cities Quarter & Appaloosa Horse Sale – Cannon Falls, MN. 507-263-4200
September 13th Gettysburg, SD 64th Production Sale, Oldest Quarter Horse Productions Sale in the World. 28841 166th St. Gettysburg, SD 57442. 605-264-5452 firstname.lastname@example.org raymondsutton.net
October 13th Cannon Falls, MN Fall Round Up All Breed Horse, Tack, & Hay Sale – Cannon Falls, MN. 507-263-4200
October 24th Cannon Falls, MN Twin Cities Quarter Horse Sale – Cannon Falls, MN. 507-263-4200
October 25th Cannon Falls, MN Twin Cities Paint Horse Sale – Cannon Falls, MN. 507-263-4200
September 5th Faith, SD 40th Annual Lopez, Meyer & Lauing Quarter Horse Production Sale, Saturday September 5, 2015 Faith Livestock, Faith South Dakota. Catalogue available online www.lauingmillironlranch.com
Contact Denny & Doris Lauing 605-347-6193 or Karen & Bob Meyer 605-466-2456
November 14th Cannon Falls, MN All Breed Horse, Tack, & Hay Sale – Cannon Falls, MN. 507-263-4200
December 12th Cannon Falls, MN Christmas Special All Breed Horse, Tack, & Hay Sale – Cannon Falls, MN. 507-263-4200
• August 14-16, 2015 Broken Bow, NE Breeders Futurity $12,000 added, Breeders Derby/Maturity $3,000 added, Open Futurity $4,000 added, Open Derby/Maturity $1,000 added and Open 4D jackpots each day. Custer County FaigroundsBroken Bow, NE. Contact Marlene McGaughey 308-872-6998 or email@example.com. More info at www.cornhuskerfuturity.com
• September 3-6, 2015 Rapid City, SD $20,000 added Futurity – $5,000 added Maturity – $2,000 added Amateur – $10,000 added Future Fortunes – $1,500 added Open 4D $2,000 added 2D Futurity Incentive – $600 2D Maturity Incentive. Contact Lana Ireland Dacar – firstname.lastname@example.org – (605)431-9480
• July 11, 2015 Bobbi Johnson Memorial Barrel Race @ Besler’s Cadillac Ranch. For more info call Billi at 605-210-2561
• July 31, 2015 Rapid City, SD Evelyn Hohn Memorial Barrel Race at Rounds Arena at the Centeral States Fairground, Rapid City, SD. NWBRA Approved, 1,000 added. Pre Entry: July 27-29 until 6pm call 605-209-0503 Entrils also taken from 3:30-6:30 on event day. Exhibitions 3-6:30, Pewee 0-6 and Youth 0-14, run at 6:45 full second splits. 5D run at 7pm half seconds splits to 4D. 4D to 5D full second splits. Contact Robys Miller 605-209-0503, Donna March 605-890-1100, Gale beebe 605-673-4028 with any questions.
• Boomgarden Barrel Races Series, Vermillion, SD At the Vermillion Rodeo Grounds, Vermillion, SD Saturday June 20th , Saturday July 11th
Saturday August 8th, Saturday September 5th Arena opens at 12:00 • Exhibitions at 1:00 Run at 2:00 • Blazin Barrels Sanctioned Order of events: Exhibitions $5.00, 1st Run $25.00, Peewees – free, Time only Exhibitions $5.00, 2nd Run $25.00, PolesCall Mike with any questions: 605-214-1055
• Boomgarden Barrel Races Series Irene, SD At theIrene Rodeo Grounds, Irene, SD Saturday May 9th • Saturday June 6th Saturday July 18th • Saturday August 15th Exhibitions at 5:30 p.m. , Run at 7:00 p.m. We have lights, concessions and Series Awards!! Blazin Barrels Sanctioned
Order of events:Exhibitions $5.00, 1st run $25.00, PeeWees – Free, 2nd run $25.00, No Poles Call Mike with any questions: 605-214-1055
• The Addicted to Competition Series Crooks, SD Qualifiers: June 28, July 19, August 23 Finals: September 20MUST RUN AT 2 RUNS TO QUALIFY FOR THE FINALS! All Around saddle awarded to series top money winner (in at least 2 events) Pee Wee events 10am – Exhibitions barrels start immediately after Pee Wee Division. 4D barrel Race Starts at 1 (5D if 60+ runners) BBR, WPRA and Blazin Barrels co-approved Barrels- PeeWee- Youth- Open Pole Bending- Pee Wee- Youth – Open Breakaway Roping- 2 jackpots – One is WPRA co approved (women only) – Other is an open (men, women, kids) PeeWee- 8 and under Youth- 9-14 Open- 15 and over ALL DATES ARE RAIN OR SHINE • MUST WEAR WESTERN ATTIRE
For more info visit: www.addictedtocompetition.wordpress.com and find them on facebook!
• August 1, 2015 Huron, SD Jimmi Rose Memorial Barrel Race at the 4-h Fairgrounds in Huron, SD. 5-D with average award to 5th place., with added money and it will be a double header.
• Circle K Ranch & Blazin Barrels Bonus Race Series Lennox, SD Hammerstrom Arena, May 17, July 26, August 9 11:00 Exhibitions • 12:30 Run
Pee Wee: Free • 3D Youth: $21 1st Run Open: $21 • 2nd Run Open: $20 3D Pole Bending: $15 Series Awarded for D Winners – Must attend 2 of 3 runs.
For more info call Emily Kruger: 507-227-5053 Lori Kjose: 605-670-2860, www.blazinbarrels.org • www.bonusracefinals.com • www.krugerquarterhorses.webs.com
• 2015 HOT DIAMOND ARENA Rutland, SD BLAZIN BARRELS,MIDWEST SPEED EVENTS UBRA PENDING APPROVAL 2 BONUS RACE QUALIFYING SERIES PENDING APPROVAL 1ST BONUS RACE QUALIFYING SERIES: MAY 13TH AND 27TH • JUNE 3 AND 17TH
2ND BONUS RACE QUALIFYING SERIES: JULY 1ST AND 15TH • AUGUST 12TH AND 19TH Exhibitions start at 5:30pm • Run starts at 7:00pm • 1st run (BLAZIN, MWSE, BONUS RACE) • Pee Wee’s • 2nd run (BLAZIN, MWSE, UBRA) • Poles (BLAZIN, MWSE) Call or text Delaina with any questions 605-270-9957
• Boomgarden Barrel Races Series Krantz Arena Mitchell, SD Sunday May10, Sunday June 7, Sunday July 12 Sunday August 2, Sunday September 20
Exhibitions start at Noon – $5.00 Office will CLOSE at 1:30! 1st Run at 2:00 – $25.00 Followed by PeeWees – Free Time Only Exhibitions – $5.00
2nd Run – $25.00 We have both outdoor and indoor arenas!!! We will be ON rain or shine! Sanctioned with Blazin Barrels Call Mike with any questions: 605-214-1055
• Stone Pony Arena Salem, SD All runs Blazin Barrels & SDBRA Sanctioned MAY 6, 20, JUNE 10, 24, JULY 8, 29 AUGUST 5, 26, SATURDAY, AUGUST 15 START TIME: NOON EXHIBITIONS @ 6PM • RUN TO START @ 7PM EVENTS ORDER: • EXHIBITIONS $5.00 1ST RUN $25.00 • PEEWEES FREE • 2ND RUN $25.00 • POLES $15.00 QUESTIONS CONTACT: Hope Andal 605-421-1259 • Check out Stony Pony Arena on Facebook for updates and results.
• October 2-4, 2015 Rapid City, SD 2nd annual Today’s Horse West Fest 5D barrel race, Kjerstad Event Center. 10,000 added, trailer to the average winner, saddles, buckles, coats and more will be awarded.
• July 30- Aug 2, 2015 Red Owl, SD Buster and Sheryl McLaury Clinic., colt starting and Horsemanship 2 with cow work. At Brad and Rebeca Andrews at 18467 174th Pl. Red Owl, SD 57787 on July 30th-Aug 2nd. Contact Brad or Rebeca at 605-985-5493 and leave a message.
• Aug 6-7, 2015 Onida, SD Dakota Riders Riding Club in Onida, SD is pleased to announce the : 2015 Ken Smith Pole Bending Clinic August 6-7, 2015 Sully County Fairgrounds- Onida, South Dakota 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Ken comes from Clarkston, Washington, and is well known for his TOP-NOTCH Pole Bending Clinics. Clinic content will include lecture/video, making a pole run, basic speed event horsemanship; bending, building speed, turns, run-down and first turn, putting it all together. ACT NOW… SPOTS ARE LIMITED! $350-Clinic Participant $150 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT
REQUIREDClinic Coordinator: Joanne Young (605) 280-8382. Lodging available at the Wheatland Motel-Onida, SD (605) 258-2341. Overnight camping, complete with hot-water showers available at the Sully Co. fairgrounds; some electrical spots available Concessions available on the grounds Onida is located 30 miles Northeast of South Dakota’s capital city, Pierre. Check out Ken Smith’s website at sunrisewest.com. For registration form, contact Joanne or download from the ‘Dakota Riders Riding Club’ Facebook page. ‘Like’ us on Facebook for updates on this and future clinics & activities!
• Hermosa Roping Club Hermosa, SD Team Roping Buckle Series. Custer County Fairgrounds, south of Rapid City on Hwy 79. May 24, June 7, June 28, July 26, Aug 23. CASH ONLY! ! ! Credit Cards will be accepted with an addictional 50 cent fee per entry. #5, #9 and Drawpot Roping, Enter at 1PM and Roping star ts 2PM. 3 Head-Progressive After 1. Can enter up to 4 times on each end in each roping. $15 a Man. Wrangler #’s will be used for the
ropings. Tres Rios Buckles for the header and heeler with the most points for the series in each roping. Must rope at 3 of the 5 ropings to be eligible for buckles. For more info contact Jack Dye 605-381-5302 or Fred Matthews 605-255-4439 also like “Hermosa Roping Club” on Facebook.
• July 12, 2015 Hermosa, SD Warm up Roping #9 Enter at 9am rope at 10am. Drawpot Saddle Roping to follow – Draw 5 head $100 per man.
• Sept 6, 2015 Hermosa, SD #9 and Draw pot, 3 Head progressive after 1. Enter at 8am – Rope 9am. Rodeo at 2pm. Tres Rios Buckles awarded for 1st place in each event.
• Sept 13, 2015 Hermosa, SD #5, #9 and Drawpot 3 Head progessive after 1. Enter at Noon rope at 1pm.
• Wyoming Desperados 2015 •March 14 & 15 Annula St. Patricks Day Parade, Cody Wy. March 21 Winter Practice & Jackpot, McFadden Ranch, Greybull Wy. •April 2-5 Tammy Billingsley Clinics, McFadden Ranch, Breybull Wy. 1 day beginning shooter clinic, 2 day adcanced shooter clinic.
•May 16 &17 3rd annual shoshone river shootout, park county fairgrounds, Powell •July 3&4 Cody Stampede Parades •August 5&6 Yellowstone shootout at Diamond P Ranch, Westyellowstone Mt. August 14-16 2nd annual battle in the basin, Park County Fairgrounds, Powell Wy.
•September 19&20 Sonny Todd Memorial Shootout to benefit cowboys & K9’s, Big Timber For More Info Contact: 406-291-3202
• Ultimate Minature Bullriding Pavillion, WY Saturday, May 23, 2015, 424 S Main St, Pavillion, WY 82523, Pavillion will host the Ultimate Miniature Bullriding, at the Pavillion rodeo arena, 424 S. Main St. For time and tickets, 307-349-6400, howlrodeobulls.com Fremont County Youth Rodeo, Shoshoni Shoshoni, WY Saturday, May 30, 2015, 250 Maple St, Shoshoni, WY 82649, Fremont County Youth Rodeo, at the Shoshoni Arena, 250 S. Maple Street. For tickets, details and time, call 307-349-6400, howlrodeobulls.com
• Working Cow Horse Show Lander, WY Saturday, May 30, 2015, 250 Maple St, Shoshoni, WY 82649, Fremont County Youth Rodeo, at the Shoshoni Arena, 250 S. Maple Street. For tickets, details and time, call 307-349-6400, howlrodeobulls.com
• Ride the Ridge Crawford, NE Saturday June 20, 2015 at Fort Robinson State Park. Register from 8-9am. 9 am 5-6 miles trail ride. 11:30-1 lunch on your own. 1pm multiple riding choices. For More info Contact Sandy at 402-469-6289 or visit:westernnebraskaridetheridge.blogspot.com
• Deadwood Stagecoach Days Deadwood, SD July 10 – 11: Deadwood Stagecoach Days: 1876-1890 – Deadwood History, Inc. and the Deadwood Historic Preservation Commission invite you to attend the second annual Deadwood Stagecoach Days at the Days of ‘76 Museum and Rodeo Grounds. On Friday, July 10th the event includes lectures on stagecoach travel, western art, early photography and the railroad. Admission on Friday is by donation. Saturday, July 11th features wagon and stagecoach demonstrations, fast draw competitions, gold panning, old-fashioned children’s games, musical entertainment and a chuck wagon meal. Admission on Saturday is $15 for adults, $10 for children 7 – 14 and free to children under six. Chuck wagon meal sold separately. For more information, call 605-722-4800 or visit DeadwoodHistory.com.
Open Riding Schedule
Mondays Rapid City, SD Open Riding, James Kjerstad Event Center, 605-355-3861
Tuesdays Rapid City, SD Cattle (during day) and Roping (evening), James Kjerstad Event Center, 605-355-3861
Wednesdays Rapid City, SD Barrel Racing, James Kjerstad Event Center, 605-355-3861
• September 27 Glen Rock, PA PAMHC Fun Show. Annual Fun Show Spring Valley County Park 10:00 am Rain or Shine. For more info go to www.pamograns.com call 410-374-3870 or email Roxy@sweetrockstables.com